POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Boned mesh file formats? : Re: Boned mesh file formats? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:12:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boned mesh file formats?
From: GreyBeard
Date: 30 Aug 2004 00:52:50
Message: <4132b2a2$1@news.povray.org>
>  The coolness of povray (perhaps a
> rarely held opinion) is in its being freeware and allowing the
script-based
> generation of objects.

The script based generation is nice, but from my viewpoint, nothing I have
ever seen or used beats POV-Ray for control over light.  Many times, I've
placed point sources only .001 POV unit away from an obstruction to get the
light exactly where I wanted it to come from.  Interior lighting with Poser
has been nothing but frustration, I'll normally export the scene without
lights and do the lighting in POV.  Clumsy, inefficient, but exactly what
I'm seeing in my head.  Pretty hard to beat.

Greybeard

(Who isn't going to spend a kilobuck to get what POV allows me to do.)